Monday, August 16, 2010

Blog update: Taking a Break and an Excerpt


It's that time of year again where the schedule gets tight. Going back to college is right around the corner -- next Monday! Yikes. It will be tough to ignore the call of the story. The characters almost quit talking to me by the end of the last summer session. (I think they were angry with me.) They did open up, but now I'll have to bargain with them to take it easy on me again. :)

Happy writing everyone!

I've taken the plunge and put up an excerpt of my WIP, River of Tears. It's not locked in as final, but this is part of Chapter One. The tab is above if interested in taking a peak. :)



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting the excerpt -- I really enjoyed it (and I left a comment there). I hope the characters will be nice to you, because it sounds like a tough schedule you've got coming up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement, Donna! It helps. :) I'm hoping a couple the classes won't be as tough as they seem because two are Intro classes(the Biology and Geology) which are supposedly almost pre-requisite classes for the Spring semester - - which I took LAST Spring. I'm taking them backwards. LOL Chemistry I'm worried about though...we'll see! I get to wear cool safety glasses though. LOL

    And I have a wedding for my niece the end of this month that I've been volunteered to do a heck of a lot of baking for the brunch/gift opening of about 50 people. It's a crazy month!

    Thanks so much for commenting on my excerpt. It's hard to not be able to give them my full attention, but we can only do what we can do, right? :)

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

Popular Posts