Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Kindle Vella release of The Billionaire's Reluctant Bride

 Well this is fun! I've begun releasing episodes of my romance, The Billionaire's Reluctant Bride, via Kindle Vella. I've released the first episode, and there are more to come! Here is the link to Episode One: A Voice from the Past. From there, you can follow the story of Leo and Anya.

For billionaire LEO CARPELLI, chasing after another man’s runaway bride is definitely out of character. But ANASTASIA CHARLOTTE VICTORIA WINTHORPE, known to him as ANYA, pulls on long forgotten protective instincts. And from what he knows of her family, she needs it. He has to think fast when the all grown up southern beauty reappears in his life in an ill-fitting disguise and suitcase full of cash.

Running from an old life and an unwanted marriage should be a straight path with no detours, but ANYA reaches out to LEO, her childhood hero, on an impulse. Once up close in personal, her hero worship flips to attraction with the speed of a chemical reaction. She knows nothing can come of it, but it makes for a wonderful fantasy to unpack later. But then he did the unthinkable. He proposed. She’ll take one night with a man who makes her toes curl, thank you very much, and nothing more. But one night has consequences.

Here's a little backstory on this novel's journey. This is a full, contemporary romance novel I originally sought to have published by a series romance line, but, alas, after three months of waiting for a response, it was not destined to be. I thought I might be crushed, but surprisingly, I am not. I appreciated the reasons given as nothing "bad" as to the quality of the writing, and can even agree it did not, shall we say, conform quite enough to the "rules" of a series romance. All in all, I found my story professionally and respectfully declined, but found myself complimented too, with an assessment of my work being "infused with the love of the genre, with an enjoyable premise and many of the hallmarks of a quintessential Series read."

 What can I say? I'll take it. :) There were more details I will hold back because it would give away some surprises, but it did my confidence more good than ill to put myself and my story out there for professional review and I'm glad I wrote a traditional romance "outside the box" of my past work by not having a paranormal or fantasy element. And while I may have veered slightly away from the "tropes" expected in a marriage of convenience story, I'm satisfied it is a good and entertaining story that stayed true to my voice.

So, what to do with it now, I thought? Try a different publisher or self-publish it along with my other works? On a bit of an impulse, I went with the new Kindle Vella method of publishing the story in episodes. After all, it's an intriguing concept and I've been tempted to start with a different story yet to be finished. That does seem to be the risk, for both the reader and the writer! As a writer, I knew I didn't want to risk not finishing or feel the compulsion to edit earlier episodes. But with this story, I can guarantee it is complete and yes, all will end happily ever after. :) I hope you will enjoy Leo and Anya's story!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Popular Posts